Founder of LegacyCaring
Cathy was a Managing Real Estate Broker and top producing Realtor for over 10 years and Broker/Owner of her own real estate company with 30+ Brokers. She has a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and received her Senior Real Estate Specialist Certification in 2009. It was through her real estate experiences in helping Seniors, that Cathy realized how often Seniors are victims of financial fraud and poor service.
Before real estate, Cathy worked 15 years at Universities, where she was responsible for thousands of students and hundreds of staff in residence halls. She was also a Director of a University Wellness Center where she and her staff developed the model wellness program for university campuses nationwide. Cathy was a university instructor and taught Psychology classes at Bastyr (Naturopathic) University. Her Gram, while in her 80s, was a guest speaker for Cathy’s Psychology classes. Cathy’s Gram inspired her to start LegacyCaring.
Cathy was a leader at Master Builders Association (MBA), the largest home building association in the U.S. She was their Education Director and developed the MBA University (model education program for home builders) with 150+ members. During the 2010/2011 holidays, Cathy heard the stats from the Alliance of Aging, “10,000 people turning 65 every day for the next 20 years!” She formed a group within the MBA to assist Seniors and their families with their housing needs. In 2012, Cathy led the first Senior Day at the MBA with Dr. Marion Somers, Senior Psychologist, which launched the idea of LegacyCaring. Cathy left her position as CEO/Team Leader at Keller Williams Realty in 2013 to follow her passion and focus on creating a trusted place for Seniors to go for their housing and real estate needs.
2016 Update: Cathy is creating the LegacySuccess Academy. She is a certified Jack Canfield trainer and will be facilitating LegacySuccess workshops and developing a Train-the-Trainer program for these experiential training series integrating the mind/body/spirit and based on Jack’s “Success Principles” and “Break Through To Success” Workshop. Four tracks are in the development process: Entrepreneur, Leadership, Individual/Family and Corporate.
Jack Canfield’s Vision: “To inspire and empower people to live their highest vision in a context of love and joy in harmony with the highest good of all concerned.”
Cathy’s Vision: “To be the on-line global trusted resource–the ONE place people can FIND the most honorable professionals.”
The Canfield Connection: To align with Jack Canfield’s “Success Principles” and assist people in developing their Vision, Mission, Goals, Objectives and Action Steps in these Life Dimensions:
- Business/Professional: job and career
- Financial/Wealth: income, profit, cash flow, net worth, investments, debt reduction, possessions
- Fun Time and Recreation: fun, recreation, vacations, travel, hobbies, sports
- Life Balance: the harmony created when all of these areas are aligned
- Mental Health: psychological and emotional well-being
- Personal Development: training, education, coaching and mentoring (giving and/or receiving)
- Physical Health/Wellness: nutrition, fitness, sleep, preventive care
- Relationships: individuals and groups - friends, family, business colleagues
- Service and Contribution: philanthropy, service, community
- Spiritual Growth: sense of inner peace, connection, meaning and purpose in one’s life
LegacySuccess: The culmination of all of the above - making the world a better place by leaving a personal and/or professional LEGACY you and future generations will be proud of.